9 Apr 2012

H is for...


Why a hotelier?


I would like to run a hotel, as I like people and I would like to make sure that they had the best possible holiday. And after a long day sight seeing or at meetings there is nothing as nice as returning to a home from home.  This reason does seem a bit flowery but it is true. I would also like to be in charge of decorating the hotel rooms and getting them all to look perfect.

Why I would be good at this job.


I have an open inviting face – I know this because I haven’t been anywhere without being asked for directions, and I have never attended an event without someone befriending me. Or maybe I look like I need help! I think it’s a fine line. But I think this would come in handy when people first arrive, that they would feel at home.
I’m helpful or at least try to be – I am one of those people who when they don’t know the answer will go to extreme lengths to find out for you, if it will help.
I can carry luggage up flights of stairs.

Why I wouldn't be good at this job.

I could end up having to cover for the washer upper! See April 3rd post.
It’s a 24hr a day job.
Guests can arrive late in the night when I am having my beauty sleep.
I would worry obsessively about there being a fire, or if guests had mentioned they would be back at a certain time and they weren’t.
I hate carrying luggage up flights of stairs.

Would you like this job? Would you have a hotel on the beach or seaside resort or in a busy city?


8 comments:

  1. Can Max Beesley be my boss? (Does anyone get that reference? Hotel Babylon?). I could see how you would be amazing at this though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to work in a hotel just for the try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having stayed in many a hotel here and abroad I often wondered how they run so smoothly.
    Enjoy your H post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no i would not like the job--and i would always be afraid of a fire too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would like someone like you running a hotel where I was a guest - - especially if there was a fire. At least I'd know you were worrying :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jnana: Yeah, me too - I'll try anything once, pretty much.

    Lynn: I am making it my mission to post a career that you would like, my money is on striking gold with the 'w' post! ;)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heck no. I'm way too lazy to want that job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to own a little B & B up near Big Sur California so I wouldn't have to choose between the ocean and the forest.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...