25 Oct 2012

Help needed, brains fried!


On Tuesday I asked a Twitter friend if she remembered a particular brand of crisps, she didn't  and I didn't  and my sister didn't and no-one else did! Still, to this day it is plaguing me - feel free to add your suggestion in the comments.

It was a rainy Tuesday in October
When I thought of crisps and then I told her
I said "Lynn, you won't want to believe it
When I tell you, you'll think I'm an utter tit"

She said "you are! but whats up Kate?
You can tell me, I'm your twitter mate"
I shared the news of my new dilemma
With her and then, my older sister Emma

I told her they're crisps you find in a cheap pub
Not the kind from your local country club
I said you know the ones I mean
They come in blue packets and not the green

"Smiths" she cried, "do you think it is them?"
"No!, but thanks you're such a gem"
"Walkers" she hollered "or maybe Brannigans"
I knew this had started a whole load of shenanigans

I remembered some more about these crispy things
Mainly came in salt with vinegar that stings
I think maybe some brand beginning with ‘N’
She said she had no clue and then it began

I reached out to people on that thing called Twitter
With little response I wasn’t no quitter
I directed each Tweet to a London band
But only one response the others weren’t manned

He advised me to check on the internet
But that was cheating and I wouldn’t use it yet
I said "I'm just trying to be social and make people use their brains"
He said "I’ll try but I don’t like these games"

Suggestions were said such as  Roystons and Rileys
I didn’t recognise either so I just tweeted Smileys
The more that I tried to think of their name
The more that the others all did the same

Golden Wonder, Quavers and even McCoys
As I heard more brands it all became white noise
And still I am thinking, and poor Lynn with OCD
When will we remember and finally be free! 

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!!.....Brilliant!!...Fresh and Funny but essentially....CRISP!!...haha...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! It was just a quickie! hahahaha You never know, someone might have the answer we need :D

      Delete
  2. still have no idea what the brand was but enjoyed reading the poem. just finishing work so a fun end to the day, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frito Lays? heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow! Yippeee!!!! Problem solved!!!............oh!...oh! wait a minute? They dont even exist do they?! lol

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...