2 Apr 2013

PST: B is for Baggage


I chose baggage as there are many more L words than just luggage. So here it is...

Baggage


I have a weird paranoia (see series title!) about the size and amount of my baggage. I don't like to take too much or to have it look like I am taking too much. It is actually quite irrational,but I suppose we all have our moments, and this is the oddest of my hangups.

I also like to make sure that I pack enough! which really doesn't help with my desire to pack light. At home, I am rarely a repeat wearer, I do a lot of washing because of this. Its not even the case that the clothes are dirty and warrant not being worn again.

So packing for a week away causes me no end of issues, I pick what I would ideally like, then dismiss all the items that I think are extras, and then get a second, third and sometimes fourth opinion!

Inevitably, on holiday, I have items that I never need (usually footwear) and items that I have forgotten (usually a hair brush or tooth brush or any kind of brush)...

My advice is to only pack that you can carry/pull/push comfortably. It does depend on the kind of holiday that you like to go on, if lying on a beach is relaxation for you, or staying cosied up in a country cottage then you can take as much as you like. If like me, you like to be constantly on the move, then pack as little as you can.

What are your packing rules?

Check out my other A to Z posts here.

6 comments:

  1. I have a similar theory of packing. I travel quite often and one of the key rule is to stay as light as possible. Everything else that might be needed can be bought or borrowed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Also instead of buying clothes to take on holiday, buy them there! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I am a serial over-packer, but not nearly as bad as Am! She has an entire suitcase for her shoes! I comfort myself with the fact that I pack less than her! I'm terrified of forgetting something important, and it usually never fails I don't pack something I need and have tons of things I never use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldnt be so bad if I didnt feel embaarassed when travelling with luggage? How weird is that?!

      Delete
  3. Hey! I would like to remind Keebles that I took less "baggage" than her last time. I will say this...I would be sunk if I took amazing trips like you do, country to country. I've always been fascinated by that, and scared witless of packing for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Im awful for packing too little...I am not so bothered by how much but by how much space the bag takes up...its crazy. Nothing to be scared of, I am sure you could do it :D Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...